Wednesday, June 2, 2010



So,after 2 weeks of interviewing artist, I'm thoroughly excited to bring our first artist interview to ArtistsExposed.

Mr. K.C Wildfiya hails from Halifax,VA but also has spent a generous amount of his life in Greensboro, North Carolina. K. C. brings a fresh and creative style to everything he does. This young man not only raps, but he sings, produces, play the drums, and has skills on the piano. Recently I caught up with Mr. KC Wildfiya and this is what he had to tell us about his music.


Artists Exposed: Tell us a little about yourself! K.C Wildfiya : I love music, it’s my life,I literally breathe it. I don't view it as something I just do because to me it’s more than that, it’s what I live for, it keeps me sane.(jokingly) I come from a family with a musical background so I've been around it my whole life. I fell in love with music around the age of 5, which was around the same time I learned how to play the drums.(for church)

Artists Exposed:When was the first time you remember rapping
K.C Wildfiya : My first time actually rapping was when I was in 6th grade and my friend and I performed the then Lil Bow Wow's song "Take Ya Home." We placed second place and later went on to do a show for the entire county, which was huge for us back then.

Artists Exposed: Aww, that’s really cute. So what artists influence you?
K.C Wildfiya :The artist that influences me the most is Michael Jackson and Jamie Foxx, my two idols. They influence me the most because they are more than just an artist, they are entertainers as well. Many artists today really don't entertain anymore they just say a few words of their songs and that's it, they show no true passion for the music.

Artists Exposed: Great musicians. I understand you write, what’s your favorite song you’ve ever written? Why?
K.C Wildfiya: I have many, but if I had to choose it would probably be "When you gone be my girl"(r&b) and One of these days(rap) because I love to story tell with my lyrics and I feel like those two songs can actually paint the listener a picture if they listen to the words.

Artists Exposed: What was your first live show/performance like?
K.C Wildfiya: My first live performance I remember me being extremely confident and as soon as I stepped on stage I immediately became nervous. The curtains were still closed and in my head I was thinking "what have I got myself into? I'm gonna mess up", but as soon as they called my name, the crowd erupted, which was a confidence booster and thankfully I performed pretty well. It felt really good to receive that type of energy from the crowd.

Artists Exposed: Well for those of us who can’t make it you live shows, where can we hear your work?
K.C Wildfiya: You can hear my work on www.myspace.com/kcwyldfiya,
my fan page on Facebook(type in K.C) www.youtube.com/kcwyldfiya,& www.reverbnation.com/kcwyldfiya
Also when my mix tape(s) drops it will be available to download on www.datpiff.com

Artists Exposed: Anything else we should know?
K.C Wildfiya: Along with rapping, I sing, produce, song write, and play the keyboard. I hope to get my name out this year and my music heard by many different people and expand my fan base.


Well Mr. K.C, you have just been exposed! I hope you all enjoyed the interview and definitely take a listen to his music!

2 comments:

  1. K.C. is a great artist! He is really passionate about music. I featured him in a podcast for Comm 314, and he not only gave me a free interview he even was kind enough to freestyle for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of hearing KC perform yet, but I can attest to his passion. He is multi-talented and so passionate and serious about what he does. Thank you for exposing him and I hope to see him perform soon!

    ReplyDelete